Saturday, December 18, 2010
I am Grateful
These last few weeks have been hard on a lot of people I know. They all have suffered losses and have been on my mind and in my heart. All but one I went to school with and I guess it comes with age that people you grew up with will have troubles and some will pass. I found out today a guy I had a crush on for years, Andrew Betes, passed away and he left behind his highschool sweetheart and a beautiful family. They are the cutest kids and it makes my heart hurt to think about the adjustment they are going to have to make. I am sobered tonight as I look at my need to be cleaned house, my not yet complete family, and my health blahs and I am grateful. Grateful for the life I am living. Because I am living it--and I wouldn't change it for anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
amen.
I ditto exactly what you say. Sometimes it is so easy to get lost in how much we really have and how spoiled we are. I'm trying really hard to teach my young women this simple yet important principle. We are truly blessed and need to remember to show our Heavenly Father that we are Grateful for all.
As for Andrew Betes did we graduate with him? I hope that his family can be comforted at this time of year.
strange how life turns out...I hope that you can find joy in the season. You are an amazing person with an amazing family and we love you guys. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment