Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hiatus is over and Spring Fest

Man, I have missed a bunch in the blogging world. People moving, tons graduating, 2 babies being born, 2 baby announcements and I am not even close to being caught up. But I have squeezed as much time out of this sickness as I possibly could and now I'm back. I am pretty much back to 'normal' except being (and some days reeeally) tired. I am planning a post on all that later though because Sean still hasn't sent me his pictures. Blah!

Spring Fest
The next weekend after I got out of the hospital was Spring Fest. It cracks me up that the schools even let out early on Friday just because of a carnival. Big stuff around here I guess. Not a real exciting post but I'm trying to keep posts mostly in order.
First we went to Chaulk on the block. They close the roads off downtown and let the kids color the streets and the farmers market is down there as well.
Then we walked over to the water fountain and ate our lunch and let the kids play for a bit.


 Then me and Olivia went home and took a nap. We met with everyone else later in the day and headed back for dinner, rides and the parade. While there I saw one of my best friends in school, Jamie. I hadn't seen her for YEARS! We got each others info and she is now on facebook (because I told her she had to) so we can chat!
Tradition--riding the horses.
We convinced Olivia to try it at Spring Fair and she was totally excited to do it this time around.
We only took one video of the rides and no pics. It's me taking Olivia down the slide. Sean took it on his phone so you can't see it very well. No parade pics either. All in all we had fun but didn't document it very well!
P.S. I am going to girls camp so don't expect any more posts until this weekend as I will be electronic free! Wahoo!!

1 comment:

dlangshaw said...

I had a great time! I love Spring Fest. The parade is always fun and watching the kids enjoy it is one of my favorite things to do. LY mom