Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Nights!

Monday nights in our family is called PIZZA, MOVIE AND GAME NIGHT. Every Monday we have Pizza and something fun to drink, watch a movie and play a game. Since we are poor we just have store bought pizza an .81 two liter (or juice) and a movie we already have. We pick the movie but let the kids take turns picking the game. When I was a kid Fridays were pizza and movie night at my house (still are, we have pizza twice in 4 days every week) so we decided we would continue the tradition-only on Mondays. We have added the game because we have soooo many games that if we didn't designate a day most would never get played. It takes a bit of effort and coordination to pack all this in on one night but the kids absolutely LOVE it. We like it to. Tonight we had pepperoni and meat lovers pizza, grape pop, watched The Lion King and played Elefun. I have great memories of my dad coming home with pizza and wondering what movie he got for us and I hope my kids will too.Isn't is funny our kids still seperate themselves. John and Kaylinee both wanted to sit on the same blanket and both wanted green plates. Jase and Jayda wanted the pink blanket and the orange plates. Everyday, all the time, they do this. Not because its what they really wanted, just because they want to be different.Elefun is o so fun! Jase always clobbers everyone at everything so we usually have a no win rule.
Happy Monday Everyone!!

5 comments:

Anne said...

What a cute idea! i like Elefun too. Our is out of batteries though and missing a few butterflies. Lovely shirt Sean! hahahehe

Shaila Lou said...

I like a weekly pizza night too! One day I don't have to cook. Sounds like a good way to have a little FHE!

Our kids love Elefun too, and I just love to say it! Hehe

Anonymous said...

hmm looks like i might have to infest in an Elefun. what a great tradition!

DJ and Melissa said...

I also noticed Sean's shirt. Nice one.

Kelley Gubler said...

That's a cute tradition to make...we have so many games too that most don't get played. i should start something like that. and i'm ALWAYS looking for a good excuse not to cook!