---It's February!! February of 2011. Crazy. (And whomever decided to spell February with the extra r is a nitwit. I have to sound it out all funny when I write it so I spell it right!) I must be getting older because time is moving faster and faster, and I vaguely remember hearing something about that when I was a kid. Probably in the same conversation with no jumping off the deck onto the trampoline.
---We have begun receiving foster care calls again. Kelsey is getting close to going and we have to decide where we want to go from here. Big decisions we need to make.
---I have got a little bite from the genealogy bug right now. I have dabbled with it occasionally but I have been trying to find some info that seemed unfindable and that makes it interesting (As well as the drama that you can find within a family. The 17 and 1800's were not safe from the drama. At least not in my family. Ha!)
---I get to go in and get the depo shot either the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I am super excited. Who'd be excited to get a birth control shot? This girl! I am really hoping this will help solve some of my problems. I know it'll solve at least one a month. ;) And in turn will make for a lot more merriness around here. I will probably have to post a video of the hubs and girls doing the happy dance.
---Jayda just informed me "You need to get a glass out of the cupboard and I will get the wrapping paper." Guess what Grandma is getting as a surprise just because present? And then she asked "Mom, when we're rich, can we buy someone a phone? Or a refridgerator? What about a fly swatter?" That girl is a giver.
---Saw an awesome recipe on TV by Paula Dean. Way to much butter and brown sugar and healthy white flour but sounded oh so delish. Also the first ingrediant is 1 cup starter. So I'm starting a start. Whoa. Never done it and I hope I can stand the weird smell long enough to make the cinnamon rolls that looked to die for.
---And lastly. I'm in a bit of a quandary and need some help. We are not getting good sleep here right now. Ever since I have started having health issues I either sleep really deep or really restlessly. Not the problem. Well, not the problem I want advice on. I have always been pretty strict on beds. Not nazi crazy on sleep times but just-you go to bed and stay in bed. You want a drink of water, to bad you had some already. You have a nightmare, fine, cuddle, back to bed. You are sick, you're not comin in and coughing on me. I would rather check on you 27 times a night to make sure you're doing ok. Now that I type it out it sounds a bit Hitlerish. Anyway, since I sleep so soundly on the nights I do sleep I don't hear the kids sneak in. And crawl in bed. On Sean's side. And I most definitely don't hear him get up and put them back to bed. Because he's not. Ugh. We are all tired. No one is sleeping good and I can't seem to get it under control. Any ideas? Besides telling the husband he needs to put them back to bed. I thought of that one already.
6 comments:
Here's an idea!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_jgUgTZ-C0
Other than that, I got nothing. Sorry!
Maybe its too cold in your house. It is here, thats why I crawl on Jeff's side and he has to shove me back to my side. Maybe they all need to take Melatonin. Its a sleep aid. My nephew takes it. They tell him its his vitamin. He has never slept better. Maybe your air is too dry. I don't sleep well when the air is too dry. Maybe your rooms arn't dark enough. I heard you don't get into a good sleep rhythm when its too light in your room. Maybe... I'll have to think of some more and get back to you.
Yeah I like the is your house too cold idea. My son was climbing in with us almost every night. Then I put another warm big blanket on him and now I would say it has been reduced to like once a week. Good luck with that, it is hard. Thanks for coming to the girl's night out party!
I'm glad you are writing on your blog in February (hee hee). As for the sleeping thing I don't have a clue. Hope others help. LY Mom
I can never spell February right either.
Let me know when you discover the trip! I have a feeling I might need it!
So, you're totally not hitlerish... well, if you are then I am too!
I know that Jacob has to have a night light and I had no idea, he wasn't sleeping well at all, and finally Jon had the idea of putting one in his room and he hasn't had one problem since. You could try the ol' Nanny 911 approach, kind of start over again. Good luck! I hope you get some good sleep soon!
Post a Comment