Monday, February 22, 2010

Catch up

Well I was trying to play catch up for the last week or so and can't. For some reason my pictures won't download. Ughhh!! I did get a couple but not the other 15 or so more. So I guess this is what you get.


I have a friend Kelley who once in awhile blesses me with her old unwanted clothing. It's great! Maybe half of them I keep for me and then hand the others off to other deserving clothing recycling friends. Jase saw this scarf and HAD to have it. She is wearing it with her dress I got at Wal-marts half-off clearance sale. $3.50. Not to shabby. Another dramatic thing that happened was Sadie got sick. She wasn't feeling well and hadn't been eating great. She stopped eating and I was feeling around and she had a baseball sized rock hard lump in her throat. She was pretty sick and went downhill fast. By the next morning she had huge swells in her mouth, couldn't breath well and couldn't swallow. I made an appt to get her put to sleep and took her in (that may sound a little harsh but I thought for sure it was cancer). It was a family affair. We went in and she said it was probably a tumor and asked if we wanted to do a test to find out. We said yes and she came in and put a needle in it and jabbed it in a few spots in and out. It made me cringe. It looked so painful and she was in terrible shape. After a few minutes they came in and said it looked like it was an infection. They said it could be an infection around a tumor but asked if we wanted to try antibiotics. We said yes, paid and went home. I had to feed her water through a syringe down her throat and she still couldn't eat. She stayed the same until the 2nd day on antibiotics. You could tell she was starting to feel a little better. I still had to help her drink with the syringe for a few days and she didn't eat for about 5 but she is doing great now. Her swelling is gone. It wasn't a tumor. Wahoo! And we will be done with her 10 day dose tomorrow. Yay.

3 comments:

DJ and Melissa said...

That is good news!

Unknown said...

OH my word! Look at that super cute winking picture!

Kelley Gubler said...

glad you enjoyed the clothes!