Jase was telling her teacher's aide at school that she has A LOT of stuffed animals. So Mrs. Gibson asked Jase to count them all. Oh my gosh! This has brought to my attention that there are some things in this house that we have to much of. I do a very good job of thrift shopping and taking hand me downs. I am an avid garage saler and take pride that I rarely buy anything new. And we are just as spiffy as everyone else and no one is the wiser. I try very hard to keep my house decluttered and clean but I do have the Langshaw namesake. I am a (closet) pack rat. You can't tell by my house (not a whole lot of people know it) but we have a storage unit full of STUFF. I have come to terms with going through it this summer and dejunking. Anyway, I decided to count some of the things we have a ton of and came up with this. By the way this list is just kid items. I didn't count any of mine and Sean's anything.
86 pairs of shoes. Not counting slippers or flip flops
59 coats and jackets. Not counting the jacket/pant and jacket/skirt outfits.
160 kids movies.
75 pairs of pajamas in their drawers right now.
53 barbies. Plus accessories including 5 barbie cars.
and lastly 158 stuffed animals. Not including babies. And you may be thinking how in the world is Jase's room sleepable, well most are beanie babies or smaller. And like I have mentioned before Jase sleeps with Jayda on the bottom bunk so her top bunk is strickly stuffed animal area. :) She organizes them all the time. By size, by animal, by family, whatever.
I was going to do some honorable mentions (church dresses-obscene amount, my little ponies-I got a whole box last summer at a garage sale for 2$ crazy, books-I'd say at least 500) but I'm tired of counting stuff. You get the point. After all this I think I am going to go through some stuff. If I can sneak anything out anyway, Jase is a Langshaw too!
Special thanks go to: Garrett, Kelley, Amber, & Kerensa for the clothes and Kim & Trent for the barbies and boys clothes. None of this would have been possible without their help.
7 comments:
You are more than welcome. I'm just glad that that stuff is cluttering your house now and not mine. ;)
Kim, Jeff is a master at getting over things you think you are attached to. So you may or may not want his help this summer going through your stuff. I use to have three boxes full of stuff from my childhood. Now I have one and its mostly filled with stuffed animals. Jeff has no stuff from his childhood. I told him one is a good compromise.
So happy I could help. That is funny, because I am so the opposite. I'm constantly boxing up things my kids don't play with anymore and putting it in the garage. Then I'm constantly cleaning out the garage to get rid of things I'll never have use for again. But I am all about thrift shopping too or at least NEVER paying full price for anything. I'm a pretty darn good shopper.
Before Jacob came, Jon and I cleaned out our back room... AKA the storage unit... and we took four car loads to Goodwill. I couldn't believe it. I used to have tons of stuffed animals too... I forgot about that, until your post, and I think they are still at my mom's. We should totally go garage selling this summer together, I LOVE garage sales (and even more, hand me downs!!!), Jon hates going garage selling (because of the early mornings), but my mom and I are huge into them. I had no idea we had so much in common, blogging rocks! haha :)
Haha, I love all your large amounts of stuff! I wonder what we have? Not nearly as much as you I'm sure! The more we move, the easier time I have with parting with things!
Wow - I'm glad I could help. You could have a awesome yard sale! When I read your title I thought you were going to talk about the group INXS and Bono. Glad it was about stuffed animals instead.
that's alot of stuff will you ever get rid of any thing pack rat!!! hope you do get rid of something !! maycee lee langshaw (your true love and always will be well maybe jase can be 2 but love you)
Post a Comment