Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Random Tuesday

The other night I went down to switch the laundry and guess what...there was yet again water in our basement. Not to much so I wasn't terribly worried but I went and got Sean to see if he knew what was up. He took one look and said it is coming from the roof. What!!? All the way to the basement!? He proceeded to tell me the pipe he thought it was dripping down was the sewer vent on the roof. So the next day on his lunch break we went to Lowe's and then he climbed up on the roof and fixed it. It worked!! No more leak and minimal damage. I'm so glad my husband is smart and handy!! Now to get the ceiling fixed.A bag of shoes. Jayda's bag of shoes. Jayda's bag of shoes that she has grown out of in the last 3 months. FIFTEEN pairs of shoes and one pair of slippers in the last THREE months. The good thing about it is I only bought one pair recently all the others were from Jase. I'm gonna have to sneak in her shoe bin and snag a couple more that she wouldn't part with. Apparently it's her feet getting the nutrients now.I found our rugs at the storage unit the other day and I guess the dogs missed them! Emily was even in on the rug action but had moved by the time I got my camera. They don't hardly move off of them now even though they have beds all over the place. Silly dogs.

4 comments:

Kelley Gubler said...

to answer your question - about $95 is rebates, but from one store. so one submission, one check. takes 2 seconds, and it's online so no mailing or copying reciepts. the rest are just learning how to make the best of the sales. for example, all the items that were already free with rebates i had high value coupons for, so they actually paid me to shop. i spend about an hour a week clipping coupons and making up my grocery lists. i've totally become addicted!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

WOW! That is a lot of shoes. Sorry to hear about the leak. Grr... I hate it when inconvenient stuff like that happens. I love the picture of the dogs, too cute. Oh, and I did take mine off of private, it was easier to get connected with more people. I'll probably change my mind later, but your e-mail is on my list if that ever happens!

Unknown said...

Your picture could have been taken at our house last week. We have one of those adobe style houses with a flat roof. We got the tail-end of Japan's typhoon which meant 24 hours of HARD rain. Our oak tree amasses about 3 feet of acorns and leaves, per day, in the fall so they pile up on the roof and clog our drain. By the time we got home the day of the storm, our kitchen was soaked (it pours in through the light fixture!) and the basement too. From the roof. It is so GREAT having a sweet hubby willing to go up on the roof in the middle of a storm to push leaves! Another day in the life of a home-owner!!! :-)

Langshaw Life said...

Wow - go Jayda! What a big girl to get shots and then give up your prized shoe collection. Sounds like things are going well - glad you found the leak and got it fixed.