Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Diagnosis #2

Undifferentiated Spondyloarthropathy. That's the diagnosis I received today. You can read up on it here http://www.spondylitis.org/about/undif.aspx
but I can give you the basics. USpA is an autoimmune disorder that attacks your joints and ligaments. It is a form of arthritis. It has flares and remissions. It doesn't have a cure but is not life threatening. Ankylosing Spondylitis is basically the same only more serious and can lead to joint & ligament fusion. He is not 100% sure which one I have but is leaning more towards USpA not AS because I am missing a couple symptoms. He said I could still be developing because I have only had a couple of the other symptoms for a few months. For now I am on a prescription anti-inflam. but steroid/immune suppressor shots are on the table. I didn't want to do that yet so we are waiting to see how I manage. For the record I am ok with this diagnosis and as long as I can live with it-I can live with it.

1 comment:

Kelley Gubler said...

ouch! sorry to hear about that. hopefully the new meds will help...