Again this is informational for the family so if you don't want to read it go ahead and skip it. :)
I went to two specialists this week.
One was an Ear Nose and Throat Doctor from Wenatchee. That one went well but he gave me the news I thought I was going to get. I have to have surgery. Ughh. It sounds pretty routine and shouldn't be a big deal but still freaks me out a titch. I haven't had any kind of surgery before. Anyway, what he said was I have a deviated septum which isn't a big deal but it is being pushed out of line by a bone spur. The bone spur is not only pushing everything out of alignment but is completely blocking the tubes that drain my sinus. It is affecting both sides but one way more than the other. That is what is causing the recurring sinus infections. Anyway, the constant inflammation caused a cyst to form that takes up about 90% of my right sinus. That is whats causing all the pressure and pain now. So he is going to go in and remove about 2 inches of bone, some cartilage that was pushed to the left side, the cyst and straighten things out. The cyst has a possibility of coming back but there are ways to help prevent it, I know the symptoms and if it did he said it would be a much easier surgery later because he is taking out all the bone that blocks that area. But without removing the bone spur I will never not have issues. I am really hoping this helps!! I also wish I had enough gumption and money to have a little nose job at the same time. :) Maybe then it would seem worth it! :)
The second specialist was the rheumatologist in Spokane. He had quite a few ideas and took quite a bit of blood (Again!) and he really seemed to know what he was looking for. He had a lot of ideas. We still won't know for a few days these results but I am confident he will find something. On a side note--he said I have hypermobility syndrome. Now you know a weird fun fact about me! It was funny, he was asking me to do some stuff and then he said "Hmm...you aren't supposed to be able to do that." It was funny. I knew I was flexible but not weird flexible. Apparently I am. He said that almost all athletes have it. Maybe I should find some awesome sport to do that doesn't require a lot of talent but pays a lot! And after telling Mom she said that her Grandma could put her feet behind her head when she was really old. Yep, I'm gonna be that cool Grandma too. Hahaha. I'll let everyone know when we get the results.
4 comments:
Surgery doesn't sound fun. Hope it goes well. Just out of curiosity, who's your rheumatologist? I used to work for Dr. Kenney, Stevenson, and Butler in Spokane. They are good Dr.s.
WOW! I hope your surgery goes smoothly, and it's good news, that it is fixable. You are going to be that cool grandma, that cracks me up, "here she comes, grandma flexible." Or, we could start calling you Elasti-Girl. :)
Good heavens!! I hope your surgery goes well!! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers! I'm glad they were able to figure out one diagnosis!
I can't even bend over to tie my shoes. Glad you got that good part from my side. LY MOM
Post a Comment