Saturday, November 15, 2008

Little bit sad

Well, Jase's no UTI streak is over. 10 months without one. We are so proud of her and were thinking maybe we were past this. She has had to take ALOT of medicine in her little life and has given up a lot of fun stuff in order to stay healthy. She has had numerous appointments with doctors where they poke, prod, x-ray and inject her with stuff. She is resistant to certain antibiotics and has become allergic to others. She has given up baths, hot tubs, and certain clothes, among other things. She also drinks a glass of cranberry juice a day since they took her off her daily preventative antibiotic. I think this is bladder infection #17 but Sean says its #20. I'm thinking of asking the doctor just so I know. She has also had 2 kidney infections. Needless to say we worry about her constantly. Anyway, she told me a couple days ago that it hurt when she went to the bathroom but she didn't have a fever so I just thought I would watch her. She was sick with a cold and so I kept her home from school just in case. When she gets a fever it gets very high very fast. I'm talking 104, 105 in a matter of an hour or two. But she didn't get one. So I thought maybe it was hurting because she had a little rash or something. Anyway, last night she told me blood was coming out. So to the doctor we went. Her options for treatment are slim so we will see if this antibiotic works. We will hope for the best and will love her more for enduring this once again. We love you Jaselynne Grace-Ann Redford and hope you feel better soon.

3 comments:

Child of God said...

Jase,
We Love You Too!

Stacey, Jeff and Evalie

Anne said...

Awh man! Well Jaselynn, I can tell by your smile in your picture that you are one brave girl. You can go ahead and tell mom she's a brave girl too. Hang in there!

Anne said...

I have another question! On your Nov 11th post you talk about Brady...Who the heck is Brady? Couldn't be football, theres usually not a fellow football player named Vicki, so I'll guess another show. but I can't figure it out! Got to tell me.