Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial weekend

What fun. What fun. But what a looong weekend. We had a good time hanging out with family and friends. Eating expensive (and not always good) spring fest food, riding rides, playing games, running the 5k, and going to the parade. That was just the festival. The fun run turned out to be a (lot of my) family thing. Easy to convince some, not so easy for others!

My mom and Kaylin at the end of the "fun" run.clockwise- My brother Russ, sis-in-law Kerensa, Kaylin, Jayda, my Mom, me, Johnny, nephew Conley, Jase and nephew Finley at the finish line. We all did the race and had a good time.

Good Job Mom. Thanks for pushing the kids and gettin in on the action. I'm proud of you. It wasn't so bad was it. And thanks for the good run Kerensa-can't wait till next year! :)

We also did some family BBQ'n and went and took flowers to my brothers grave. It has become a little tradition with Sean and I and my Grandma Langshaw. We enjoy the time and the kids remember it from the years before. This is a conversation I overheard today: Jase-"We are going to Troy's grave today." John-"Is that a dog?" Jase-"No, he's my.....he's was Mom's brother." John-"Did you love him?" Jase exacerbated-"No, but Mom does. It's her brother." Jase has an amazing memory and had this conversation with no prompting she just knew it was memorial day. I won't bore anyone with all the other stuff we did just trust me we were running all weekend. I hope everyone else also had a safe and fun memorial weekend.

1 comment:

dlangshaw said...

Next year I am wearing my running shoes. Hee hee. I had a wonderful weekend, too. LY Mom