This first part is by Sean-
Kim asked me to recap the last year so here it goes. As you all know Kim is amazing. How she is able to stay sane through all the challenges that this last year has brought boggles my mind. As you can tell she LOVES to blog. Which I am thankful for. When she lost the camera and wasn't able to post pictures for awhile I was afraid. Yes, I mean scared. A camera for her was the perfect gift for me. All kidding aside, she deserves all my respect and anything I can do to help her take advantage of any opportunity to have a life and identity outside a mother of four and a wife of a demanding husband I am devoted to doing.
With that said, I think we've grown a lot this year with John and Kaylin. It's been hard not knowing if they were staying or going. We still aren't sure but we are better able to cope with the mystery of it right now. When I say cope, I mean that at times as merely surviving the day and praying for patience and understanding for the next. Getting John into head start and him having that outlet for a lot of his energy has been really good for him. He loves school. He's had a hard time coping with Christmas break. Kaylin is a beautiful little girl with huge drive to be heard. If she's not happy about something you don't have to guess what. Which we recognize as her way of standing out and being noticed.
This last year has allowed me to spend more time with the family. Jayda has really started to become more of a daddy's girl which has melted my heart. One of my most treasured gifts this year is the relationship that we have developed. I can't get enough of her. She is so funny. I love her laugh. It makes Kim so mad at night when they are supposed to be in bed and we're playing and I'm making her laugh. I can't think of better way to end the day than hearing that laugh. She has grown up a lot this year. I love my Jayda-lynne.
Jaselynne is the most influential person in my life. The day she was born changed my life. Being a father has been the biggest challenge and the biggest reward. I'm so glad she is doing so well in school (again thanks to Kim). I was afraid she would get my school genes. Luckily she gets her smarts from her mother. She is such a good girl. Always wants to keep the rules.
So in closing this year has brought a lot of challenges. But it has brought a lot of joys. I wouldn't change a thing. This is our story and I wouldn't want anyone else writing it. I am thankful for my family and the opportunities this next year will bring. My new years resolution for this year for Kim is to start into photography. She has wanted to for along time, it's about time.
This part is by Kim
Sean-Oh the love of my life!! I have gotten my fair share of Sean this year. When he worked at AmeriSpec and then Colbasia I didn't see him as much as I would like. When we decided to go into buying Colbasia Cabinets we were excited about it but soon after realized that it wasn't going to work. The owner was being wishy washy and since we hadn't signed a contract yet we figured it was going to end bad. So we were out of work for a few months. With Worksource and our savings we made it through. Sean got a management position at Lowe's. We are waiting to see where it goes.:) Unfortunately, he hasn't got to go golfing as much as he would like but in my opinion has made up for it with watching football on tv. Sean is also starting to brush up on his Korean. He is having a fun time watching bad Korean soaps on you tube. It is quite a change from this time last year with the kids. We have both had to learn patience and understanding for the unknown and change how we look at things. My New Years Resolution for Sean is (thats how we do it in this fam) for him to be content with where he is and strive to do better but not focus on it. To play a little bit more golf and watch a little less tv.
Jaselynne-my smartie! Jase is 5 and started Kindergarten in the fall. She is busy studying her letters and numbers and is starting to read and add! She LOVES school!! She is currently in level 1 gymnastics and is very good when she pays attention!! She loves running in the sprinklers, playing with her stuffed animals, jumping on the trampoline, homework, coloring, wrestling, and generally being outside. She has only had one UTI this year and has only had one ear infection since she got tubes put in her ears. She is a fun loving, mostly obedient, slightly moody child but definitely worth the trouble! We love her!
John-the boy! John is 4 and started head start in the fall. He loves his teachers and going to school although I can't tell how much he has learned. I am not concerned because he has another year of preschool before he starts kindergarten. He has mastered his numbers to 9 (most of the time) and knows his colors and a couple shapes. He is the first to ask if we can read books before bed. John is in tot gymnastics and is not real coordinated but listens very well and tries really hard. He is still working on potty training at night and has gotten better with his lying and sneaking. We had to install a bell on his ceiling so we knew when he got out of his room at night but its working. He has been going to counseling but it is to early to tell what will come of it. He loves cars, dinosaurs, playing outside and riding the bus to school. He is our parent pleaser and is starting to show more personality everyday.Jayda-our sweetheart! Jayda, 3, is a little bit lazy but is very sensitive and cares about everything and everybody. She is everyones cheerleader and can constantly be heard saying "Good Job" and "Wow" and "Cool" at everyone when they do anything. Its a crack up. She definitely makes her opinion know when it comes to her siblings but hates being away from any of us. She is in the same gymnastics tot class as John and is fun to watch. She just follows everyone around, half the time doing her own thing, and likes gymnastics but is not a dedicated athlete.:) She can say her ABC's with a little help at Q, knows her numbers to 11, some shapes and every color out there. She will be starting preschool/dance this next fall and is very excited. She asks all the time when she gets to start school. She loves, loves, loves all our animals (especially Sofina) and volunteers to feed and water them regularly. She also loves her big sister, polly pockets, pediasure, and is always in trouble for being half clothed. She is the lover of the family.
Kaylin-our tornado! Kaylin is a kid all her own. She is very passionate and knows exactly what she wants whether she needs it or not. She is a go getter and I have no doubt she will be a leader in something. She plays with anything, everything, and everybody. She is becoming pretty attached to our family and I am less concerned about her attachment issues. Wahoo. She is in the parent/tot class at gymnastics and is a little obsessed with her teacher. She loves going and asks right after its over if it is her day to go again. She loves baby dolls, the swings, shoes, jewelry, purses and anything else girly. She has yet to learn her colors (we're trying) but can count to 11. She is definitely the excitement of the family.
So that is our little family and the happenings of the last year. We are blessed with what we have and we know it. We love our family and friends and wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Best Wishes, The Redfords
4 comments:
I love that you got Sean to write so much. Matt barely added any on ours. I always try to get him to write most of mine, because I always feel weird writing my own stuff.
I love reading Christmas letters and to hear where everyone is in their lives. I think Sean is right. You are amazing. I don't know how you stay sane with all you've gone through this year and four kids way too close in age! Ha. I've barely stayed sane this last year with three! haha
That was really enjoyable. I love that you both really know your children. It makes me want to start being more observant of Evalie and what personality is coming out. Happy New Years Kim. I hope this year brings more action and less waiting, and waiting.
Kim/Sean,
I really enjoyed the post. :)
It is a great way to keep up with you all and your adventures.
I really liked the 'two sides of the story' feeling of that post. I think that would be a cool theme for future posts. Maybe two posts with titles like 'Sean: Post Title' then another 'Kim: Post Title' where the post titles are the same. The cool part would be if the two of you don't know what the other has written, post separately and see how they match up. :)
Lastly, I subscribe to the RSS feed and read all the posts in Google Reader. Although I recognize that this is normally thought of as being a 'Lurker' just because we don't comment doesn't mean we didn't read and appreciate it. Keep it coming!
Happy New Year from the East Side!
-BK
This is for you Sean. I am so proud that you posted. DJ doesn't even read our blog. So good job. It was well done also. We're planning on coming for a whole weekend sometime soon. See you then!
Post a Comment