Wednesday, September 16, 2009

S-O-C-C-E-R

Soccer started this week and so far they are doing great. Jase is keeping up with the boys and Jayda is keeping up..well...she's keeping up kinda. She is by far the smallest, I think she is the only 4 year old. I heard one of the boys ask the coach "why is that little tiny girl playing with us?" She is not loving it either but I think it is mostly nerves because she loves playing with Jase. She told me today "Mom, Jase loooves soccer! And I don't." I told her she didn't have to love it but I wanted her to try for a couple more practices and a game, just to make sure. I don't think everybody telling her "no hands, no hands!" is helping either.

Jase and her 'soccer pose'. Notice the all blue! She is a tom boy just like I was!Running drills. They were paired up two at a time to run down the field and kick a goal. Jase is whomping the boy she was paired with.Jayda and her 'soccer pose'. Notice the all pink! She must take after her dad! ;)Jayda did pretty good this time. The boys that are in the picture are the next two that went and passed her. The little shadow to the far left is her partner. The only reason Jayda did so well against her is she was walking and crying. Nothing like leaving the crying kid in the dust!!
I left my camera at home! Ughhh...I know! But one of my friends lived near by so I ran over and borrowed hers so thanks Celeste!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, WHAT TWO SOCCOR CUTIES.
TAKES AFTER GRANDMA RIB & G-GRANDMA,RIGHT.LOVE YA ALL

G-GRANDMA LOBE

Anonymous said...

don't worry. caiden is one of the oldest (or maybe the oldest) and still the smallest.

Unknown said...

Jase looks so great in her gear! I mean it! Love the all-blue. I think its cool that you are encouraging Jayda to keep it up even though she is smaller than everyone... resilience isn't built any other way! :-)
Remember how I ran track for like one day and then quit? I wish my Mom had made me keep at it ;-)

dlangshaw said...

I was a tom-boy too. I remember one time we were supposed to ride piggy back on our partners (boys) and I insisted he ride on me. G-Grandma thought it was the funniest thing. LY Mom

Langshaw Life said...

Jase looks likes she is ready for anything! Please let us know when we can come and see a game. Conley can't wait! Hope to see you on Saturday.