Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Tis the season to be crafty

Our earring tree. I saw this on a fellow bloggers site and wanted to do something similar. What a good idea for old jewelry that you don't want to throw out but don't know what else to do with it. I had planned on making a wall hanging like the one I saw but saw these little trees at the dollar store and decided that was much cheaper and just as cute. Jase and Jayda had a ton of fun taking turns putting one on at a time but it seriously took like an hour. They wanted to know about each piece and hook it themselves. I asked the girls to pick something for me to paint on their walls and they both picked butterflies. I was actually a little surprised because they really aren't that girly but I obliged. This is Jase's. She looooves blue. All the blue around the edges is blue glitter.I don't love how Jayda's turned out but She Does. I didn't want them the same and she wanted the weirdest colors. Yellow, light purple, dark green, pink and 2 red dots. I'm glad she loves it anyway.
In one of Christmas' past one of the girls asked for her own Christmas tree and got it. This year the girls wanted to make more ornaments for it so that we did. It has been fun. The girls are so creative and love being artsy. Mostly bead and pipe cleaner decor. Decorating on a budget. :)After Halloween I got some great deals on melting chocolate and candy kits. One in particular we were pretty excited about. Well, when we finally went to do it I realized it didn't come with the big pretzels. So we had to wait until I remembered to buy some. The kit only came with one paintbrush and I didn't want to lend them one of mine so Jayda picked a spoon to lick, I mean paint with. The Christmasy placemats make it kinda hard to see but you get the idea.
Pretty proud. Man they have some cheesy smiles. They actually were pretty good but dipping the smaller pretzels is SO much easier for the same yummy snack. Jaseys have spiders and bats on hers and Jayda's are fingers. Ooooo. Scary. Scary to have to eat that big glob of sugar and not go comatose.

We actually have more things we have done but I didn't want to take pictures and download them. Call me lazy but we have been running around and having a lot of fun activities lately. Wears me out.

5 comments:

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

So cute. Those butterflys are awesome! I didn't know you were so crafty! Both trees are so adorable as well. I love doing crafts this time of year, it's so much fun with kids!

Kelley Gubler said...

wow! did you really paint those butterflies by hand? i didn't know you were so talented! it must be a girl thing. caiden is not so into crafts but paige loves it. gotta love having a girl!

Unknown said...

OH! I love all of it! Everything is so pretty!

melanie said...

What, you don't wear those zipper earrings anymore? :) Very cute idea to use old earrings. I'm not a great mom when it comes to crafting, way to go on being such a cool mom!

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Love your posts they are always so fun and upbeat.

Your girls will have so many memories and treasures to share when they grow older.

You are an awesome Mom!

Love ya!