What a wierd week with the kids. First, they had fevers and then a rash. John, Jayda and Kaylin got it. Turns out it was Roseola (a viral rash, didn't know there was such a thing). Anyway, Jayda just kept getting worse. She started complaining her neck hurt, she wouldn't eat, she was drained and kept falling asleep everywhere, complained about her ear hurting and then her glands got huge. I figured she had a cold and an ear infection but then her glands got so big last night she had a hard time breathing. She kept stopping and she kept hunching over. What a terrible night. I almost took her to the ER at 5 am. I called first thing this morning and we went in and she has strep and an ear infection (not to worrisome). He said her glands and tonsils are so swollen they were causing obstruction apnea. He told me to keep her in my room again tonight but by tom. night they should be smaller. It is not very often your Doctor says "Whoa, WHOA those are huge." A couple snaps of her sleeping in the car. Her left side is bigger in these pictures but her right side is bigger now. Don't they look terrible, they go like halfway down her neck. :(

Had to include this one of her sleeping with her eyes open. So sad! You can also see the remnants of the Roseola mostly around her mouth.

She really is fine though. And I had the other kids with me at the Doctor so he checked all of them (including Dane) and they are fine so far. I was worried last night but I'm sure she will be on the mend and ready for the next sickness in no time!!
1 comment:
I'm finally catching up on blog reading! Poor Jayda, here swollen glands look terrible. Love the open eye sleeping! That would be scary when she was having a hard time breathing!
You guys are sick WAY too often. I feel very blessed. I don't know how you do it!
Post a Comment