Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday

This whole Easter weekend was great. We had a great time, the kids had a great time, and no one fought! Sunday morning started off at our home. The Easter Bunny brought pre-made baskets this year because at midnight at Wal-mart it's a heck of a lot easier. So we did our own little thing and then headed to Mom and Dads.Dad cut us off for the Big Hunt this year. He said we are getting to old. WHAT!?! 28, 29, 30, 37, 37 and 38 are to old for Easter Egg Hunts!! Now I have nothing to brag about and nothing to pay bills with! :) The kids did have a good time hunting their eggs. Kaylin needs to work on hustling. She again ended up with the fewest eggs. Dane and Finley both beat her! She may have been lacking eggs but she wasn't lacking fun.

Jayda found this egg, shook it and said there was nothing in it, then she threw it down. Out popped $10. Don't worry I didn't keep it. The hunting crew. Kaylin 3, Dane 2, Jase 6, Conley 6, Jayda 3, John 4, and Finley 2.We then went to church. My lesson went ok. I didn't end up having as much time as I was supposed to so I had to keep cutting things out and it really did need all that I had planned. O'well everyone said I did a good job. We then headed back to Mom and Dad's for Easter lunch. Both Great Grandma Langshaw and Great Grandma & Grandpa Lobe came and I tell you what-my kids LOVE them. Kaylin is a sucker for the Greats!!!

These are the dresses I made for the girls. They turned out pretty good if you don't look to close! :) I put the butterflies in different places on each dress and the girls liked that. Made them their own. I never did get Jase's sleeves right. Mom had to help me. They look a little disheveled cuz this is after church. Their undershirts ended up showing too. Ugh!! But they do look pretty darn cute!!These are the hairbows I made to go with their dresses. Thanks for the inspiration Anne!!HAPPY EASTER!

4 comments:

DJ and Melissa said...

I can't believe your Dad cut you off! That's so sad. It's not like most of those kids are exciting about finding money yet. Oh well, I guess all good things must come to an end.

Langshaw Life said...

Glad I got to see the dresses up close because they looked very cute, you did a good job! Yard sale season is definitely here but I'm not ready to have mine yet. I'll let you know and you can let me know when you find out something too! hehe

melanie said...

Way to go on the sewing Kim! I'm about to start sewing dresses for Kat because it's really hard to find cute ones. Especially here in town. I'm way impressed!

Glad you guys had a good Easter.

Shaila Lou said...

I didn't realize I never commented on this. I totally read it. Great job on the dresses. You're awesome. The little hair things are adorable too. (I wonder if I'll ever make dresses and bows?)

What a cute little bunch of rascals you have. Poor Jon!! Ha!