Thursday, April 23, 2009
Early Wake up call
So Sergeant Miers rang our doorbell at 4:40 this morning. He came for a little visit. Apparently someone else thought they would come by and visit.........OUR CAR. Those nice policeman stopped because they saw my purse and church bag out of the car. This is actually kind of a funny story. Yesterday, I took my checkbook and credit card in the house to pay some bills online. Then I met Sean at Safeway after gymnastics and we traded cars so I could go shopping kidless. Mom also met us there to drop of some clothes that were given to us (THANKS KERENSA). I grabbed the other checkbook and my license that was in there still. I went shopping then left them in Sean's car on accident. Anyway, we all went out last night and when we got home Sean locked his car and the Navigator and I said "Don't lock the Navigator I want to get those clothes out still." Well, guess who forgot to get the clothes and lock it. But guess who had taken out everything of importance. Yea baby, Me! They threw everything everywhere and I guess they thought they were to good for us cuz they didn't want my makeup (the only thing in my purse), any of our movies, Jaselynne's bag of change, any of the 100 kids hangers in the back, neither mine nor Sean's scriptures or my church bag (guess they weren't feeling the spirit), the $6 I have hidden in the side pocket, any of the clothes thoughtfully given to us or my spare tampon that they hatefully threw on the floor of the car. But seriously, Heavenly Father was watching out for us because we never leave the car unlocked and the one day I do I took everything out of it that they wanted. He-he, sorry sucker Somebody's got my back! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's amazing! I always love stories like that!
No kidding, that is super cool!
More importantly, you followed "the promptings" you were givin, even though you had no idea!
not long ago caseys car got broken into too. everything was thrown around, even the stuff from the glove box. luckily caseys car is a piece of crap, but they did take the garage door opener, which scared us a little. but we changed the codes, so no harm done. but dang those dishonest people!! that's awesome that you remembered to get your wallet. that's obviously the kind of thing they were looking for. speaking of clothes, i have a few things, if you want them. (wow, that was a long comment!)
I am so glad there was a tampon there to spite them. Every thief deserves a good feminine hygiene spiting. When my car got broken into they smashed the window ($500), stole my new laptop ($2,000), and my new ipod ($300). But someone found my bag two days later and returned all my school books and notebooks- the stuff that was irreplacable. Mysterious ways I tell ya- a stranger can take your 'things' but they never get what they need or what you cannot replace. That's how I figure it.
Wow, what a blessing that you had taken everything out of importance. I love your comment about the tampon thrown on the ground. Dumb criminals!!
Post a Comment